MYHACKATHON Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions for the MyHackathon challenge.
These rules (“the Rules”) apply to the MyHackathon challenge (the “Challenge”). By registering for the Challenge you are agreeing to comply with the Rules, and confirm that you satisfy the age and fitness requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all Challenge participants.
The Brooke Hospital for Animals, a registered company in England and Wales limited by guarantee (Company No. 04119581). Registered charity in England and Wale (Charity No. 1085760) and Scotland (Charity No. SC050582) is promoting the Challenge.
- All participants agree to abide by the Rules, any updates to the Rules and any additional guidance that we may give from time to time. Please check back on our website for any updates.
- The Challenge is a fundraising event open to UK residents. Participants must be aged 16 years or older in order to register.
- Participants who are under the age of 16 must be registered for the Challenge by their parent or legal guardian and by registering they confirm that they are the participant’s parent or legal guardian (as applicable) and that they agree for the participant to take part in the Challenge. In addition, participants who are under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times during the Challenge.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they and their horse are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Challenge. Any participant unsure of their and/or their horse’s physical ability to take part in the Challenge must seek medical and/or veterinary advice prior to taking part in the Challenge.
- Regions of the UK are operating under varying Covid-19 lockdown regulations which may impact on Participants’ ability to undertake and complete the Challenge. Participants agree that they will abide by applicable local restrictions, if any, that are enforced from time to time.
- Participants acknowledge that by its nature Brooke will be unable to supervise the Challenge and acknowledge that there may be risks associated with the Challenge. All participants enter and undertake the Challenge entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Brooke shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation.
- We ask each participant to fundraise for Brooke. When you register we will send you a link to all the necessary fundraising materials you will need.
- You agree that you will not bring Brooke’s name or reputation into disrepute and that you will fundraise responsibly and legally. You agree that we have the right to ask you to withdraw from the Challenge immediately, and return any materials we may have sent you in relation to this Challenge, if we consider that you have acted in a manner that will bring Brooke’s reputation into disrepute.
- Any monies raised in connection with the Challenge are held on trust for Brooke, and therefore participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all donations and sponsorship monies raised in connection with the Challenge are paid to Brooke.
- We ask that you pay any monies raised in connection with the Challenge as soon as possible after you have completed the Challenge. In all circumstances, the payment must reach Brooke by no later than 4 weeks of you completing the Challenge. If you choose to set up an online fundraising page the monies will go directly to Brooke. For all offline donations and sponsorships, please contact [email protected] to discuss with the team your options for paying in the money.
- We would request that you to encourage your sponsors to Gift Aid their sponsorship (which will incur no extra cost to them). You must ensure that all donations and/or sponsorship forms are returned to Brooke at the address stated at the beginning of these terms and conditions to enable us to claim Gift Aid where possible.
- If you decide to withdraw from the Challenge for any reason (including injury) you agree that you are still committed to submitting all online and offline sponsorship you have raised to Brooke and you must inform your sponsors and donors that you are no longer participating. You must also let your sponsors and donors know that they may, if they wish, have their sponsorship monies returned to them.
- By providing personal data when you register for the Challenge, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by Brooke and relevant third parties for the purposes promoting and administering the Challenge. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants and/or sponsors, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- Please see our privacy statement which gives you more information on how we use and process any personal information we may collect about you in registering and participating in the Challenge: https://www.thebrooke.org/about-brooke/privacy-statement
- We would love to see and share your progress with the Challenge with other Brooke participants and supporters. If you decide to upload any video footage, stills or photographs taken of you participating in the Challenge on any of Brooke’s social media pages, you agree that we may use these images to further publicise the Challenge, similar challenges in the future , and for other fundraising purposes. Please note that we may publicise your uploaded image(s) on any of our online and offline fundraising and marketing materials made available to the public to help us promote and further our charitable work. If you object to our use of your image in the manner described please contact us at [email protected]
- No personal details (including names or photographs) of any person under the age of 16 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Subject to rule 3 above, by registering a participant under the age of 16 you confirm that you are the parent/legal guardian (as applicable) and consent for images of that child to be used in the manner described in these Rules.
- Brooke in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel the Challenge.
Brooke ‘Hacker of the Month’ competition terms and conditions:
These rules (“the Rules”) apply to the Hacker of the Month competition (the “Competition”). By registering for the Competition you are agreeing to comply with the Rules, and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend the Rules and any changes will be binding on all Challenge participants.
The Brooke Hospital for Animals, a registered company in England and Wales limited by guarantee (Company No. 04119581). Registered charity in England and Wale (Charity No. 1085760) and Scotland (Charity No. SC050582) is organising the Competition.
- This Competition is open to UK residents of any age. If you are under the age of 16 you must have consent from your parent or guardian to enter.
- The promoter is The Brooke Hospital for Animals, a registered company in England and Wales limited by guarantee (Company No. 04119581). Registered charity in England and Wale (Charity No. 1085760) and Scotland (Charity No. SC050582) (Brooke).
- The competition is not open to Brooke employees, its partners, prize donors, affiliates or to members of their immediate families.
- In order to take part in the Competition you must upload a picture from one of your hacks from Brooke’s MyHackathon challenge and post it to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account using:
- the hashtag #MyHackathon by the deadlines set out in paragraph 7; and
- ensuring that Brooke’s username or social media handle is mentioned on the post.
- Entries must be your original work and must not infringe the rights of any third parties (including copyright or trademark rights). In addition, all entries must be created legally without trespassing on any land.
- Entries that are incorrectly completed or uploaded or those that breach paragraph 5 will be automatically disqualified. Brooke’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into in respect of such disqualification.
- The Competition is open from 1 April 2021 and will run until 31 September 2021 (inclusive). Each month one winner will be selected from the photos uploaded in accordance with the Rules set out in paragraph 4 and 5 above. For the avoidance of doubt, the Competition will be run as a series of separate competitions as follows:
Competition 1: Open from 10am 1 April and closes 9 pm 30 April
Competition 2: Open from 10am 1 May and closes 9pm 31 May
Competition 3: Open from 10am 1 June and closes 9pm 30 June
Competition 4: Open from 10am on 1 July and closes 9pm on 31 July
Competition 5: Open from 10am on 1 August and closes 9pm on 31 August
Competition 6: Open from 10am on 1 September and closes 9pm 30 September
- A winner from each of the competition as set out in paragraph 7 will be selected by an internal judging panel at Brooke. The judges will be looking for the best composed, artistic and original images from qualifying entries.
- Winners will receive a prize of a saddle pad every month which the winner can personalise. This prize is kindly donated by Harry Hall.
- Brooke will contact each of the winners by private message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (depending on the platform used for the entry submission) within seven days of the closing date of each competition. If winners do not respond within 48 hours of being notified or do not provide an address at which they can be contacted or sent the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Brooke reserves the right to choose another winner.
- Brooke’s decision in respect of paragraphs 8, 9 and 10 above will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes will be despatched by second class delivery as soon as reasonably practicable following confirmation by the winner of their postal address.
- Prizes are not transferable to another person and no part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other item. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
- By providing your personal data in connection with the Competition, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by us and any relevant third parties for the purposes of processing your entry and administering the prize as described in these Rules.
- In accordance with prize draw regulations, Brooke must publish or make available the information confirming that a valid award and winner was chosen. So that we can comply with this obligation, we will publish the winning name, image and county of the winner.. Entrants agree that if they are the winner(s) of any of the competitions Brooke may use their name, image and county to announce the winner(s) of the Competition(s). No personal details (including names or photographs) of anyone under the age of 18 will be used in the manner described above without the written consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Please read our privacy statement which tells you how we use any personal information we may collect about you by entering the Competitions: https://www.thebrooke.org/about-brooke/privacy-statement
- All participants or the third party who takes the photograph for this competition will own the copyright in that image. By submitting an entry all participants agree to grant Brooke a perpetual, royalty free licence to use the photograph and image they have submitted including the rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and create composite or derivative works from it or incorporate the photograph (or any part of it) into other works in any media for such purposes as Brooke may determine in its discretion. Participants also agree that they waive their moral rights. Where a third party has taken the photograph the participant undertakes that the third party has given their consent that the photograph and image can be used by Brooke in the ways noted in this paragraph 17.
- Brooke will send the name(s) of the winner(s) of any of the competitions to anyone who writes to us at 2nd Floor, The Hallmark Building, 52-56 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 2BJ, within one month of the closing date applicable to that competition, requesting details of the winner(s) and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
- Brooke reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the Brooke website.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Brooke, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize or for failure to win a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Brooke, its agents or distributors or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- These terms and any matters relating to their content and/or subject matter shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.